My baby is 5!

Monday, December 04, 2006


Lexi,

I can't believe you are 5 years old already, it seems like just yesterday when you were born. You were the first baby I ever held and the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. Your birthday is also the anniversary of me becoming a mother for the first time, and I couldn't ask for a better present than just being able to be in your presence every day. You have grown up into such a smart, talented, funny, beautiful little girl. You love ballet and gymnastics, being crafty like mommy, telling jokes, going to school, your friends and family, being sneaky and stealing marshmallows when nobody's looking, and playing any sort of game. You constantly ask me when you can be a grownup so you can do all the fun things grownups do, and you love to pretend you're going to "meetings and school" like mommy. Your new favorite things are makeup and hair accessories, and you have a certain flair to your walk that can only be described as "swishing" (I have no idea where you got that from!). You hate being told it's naptime/bedtime, no matter how tired you are, because that means you may miss out on something fun when you're sleeping. You are very caring and loving, and you truly feel bad for other people when they are in pain. You are always the first one to ask your brother if he needs to go to the safe place and you are right there with him holding his hand, getting him water, and showing him the different ways to breathe. You can translate his words when even mommy and daddy can't understand him, and you are right there to jump in with a "you did it" whenever he accomplishes anything. I love you so much Lexi, you are growing bigger, faster, and stronger every day and I can't wait to see what the next year will bring for you, my big 5 year old...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


1 comments:

I'm Shannon said...

happy birthday sweet lexi!