Pics of Knitting

Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Man, I am a blogging fool today. Here's some pics of my knitting:

A baby blanket I finished for a baby due soon...


I used Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweet Stripes which is surprisingly soft but a pain in the you know what to work with. It turned out alright though. I used to pattern on the label but about 9 inches in I decided I would go crazy with all that stockinette so I designed an embossed heart in the middle. I made up the chart and everything, all by myself thank you very much. I think it turned out cute, and on the other side are all the purls with a stockinette heart in the middle.

A poncho for my daughter:


I bought this yarn at Walmart, it's actually really soft. I didn't know what to do with it, so I asked my daughter and she said she wanted a poncho. It's not finished yet, I need to knit a border around the whole thing in white. I just cast on 1 stitch, then increased once every row to make a triangle. When I got done it wasn't quite big enough, so I picked up and knit around the neck opening in white and I'm going to do that around the body. It's sooooo soft, I'm thinking about making me a scarf out of this yarn. I can't seem to find any at my Walmart though. I hope it's cause they're remodeling and not because they sold it all for 50 cents a ball or something, I will be so mad!

A water bottle holder for my kids:


I'm basically designing it as I go, doing the top as ribbing and the body in st. I want to use a solid color in the middle and either duplicate stitch or intarsia their names in the middle. The stripe/pink combo is for Lexi and the stripe/orange combo will be for Spencer. This is also my first attempt at double points, which looks so easy on Knitty Gritty but takes some getting used to.


I think I need to start over, it looks a little big, I need to cast on fewer stitches next time. Oh well, it's the process.

I also made a really cute tank top for my daughter with a matching headband, but it's in the wash right now because she wore it to school. That's about it for now, I usually only work on one project at a time, but my list of things I want to make is getting really long. I better go finish dinner!

2 comments:

I'm Shannon said...

holy moly woman! I had no idea, so are you bringing your knitting needles as one of your "3 things"? knitting is not for me, so I am really impressed!

Ashley said...

Aww Amber, you almost made me cry over here! Thanks so much, I'm so happy to have found you too!

Shannon - I guess I will bring my knitting as one of my 3 things. I figured most people already knew that about me so I was going to change it up a bit, but I keep forgetting we didn't have this meeting in toddlers last year. I'm really impressed by your sewing, that's much harder for me!