Researching Vacations

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wanting to book some kind of "babymoon" for the 4 of us, choices are:

New York City
Atlantis, Bahamas - we don't have passports though, not sure how long it takes to get them
Florida Keys - anywhere
Renting a beach house somewhere along the coast of Florida
Disney

Obviously, looking for child-friendly vacations. Nick can't take off work at all so it will only be the weekend, leaning towards Disney because of that. Plus, they have their $99 FL resident thing right now...but...it's Disney, ugg...

Thinking maybe we'll rent a beach house close by for later in the summer, after the baby's born, for just me and the kids (Nick can come by after work), but not sure if I'm going to want to do that. Also, Lexi's DYING to go to New York (and so am I) so I would like to do it now before the baby's born, but is 2 days enough? The only 3 day weekend we have is Memorial day, and I'm sooooo not wanting to travel then.

Would love to go on a cruise, but they changed their guidelines so now pregnant women aren't allowed after 22 weeks, so much for that....

Back to research!

2 comments:

I'm Shannon said...

we went to Hawks Cay last year for our babymoon...it was so wonderful that we decided to go back this year and you know what happened.

I don't think 2 days is enough for New York. What if you and Lexi went to NYC over Spring Break?

And, you need passports for cruises now too, don't you? I think if you expedite you can get your passport in 2 weeks. I still need to get our for our trip in April!

Nancy said...

Good luck planning your vacation :)