Sugar and Spice

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A baby girl...
one of the most beautiful miracles in life,
one of the greatest joys we can ever know,
and one of the reasons why
there is a little extra sunshine, laughter and happiness
in your world today.
~Author unknown






Totally caught the baby picking her nose, the kids love this!




Today was the big ultrasound, which began with major drama. My husband could not get off work at the time he was supposed to because someone didn't show up on time. He waited and waited and finally decided to leave at 8:45am. From Orlando. The ultrasound was at 9. So, needless to say, he didn't make it in time, despite my deliberately being 10 min late to my appointment and begging them to stall. My mom and my kids were with me though, so that was nice. I was going to make my kids stay in the waiting room with my mom until the end, but decided at the last minute to have them come back for the whole thing. They were completely well behaved, which I knew they would be, and thought the whole thing was really cool.

The tech waited until the very end to tell us the sex hoping Nick would make it, but finally said it was time. When she went to look the baby decided to be shy! She was persistant though, and poked and prodded until she saw those 3 lines - IT'S A GIRL!!

I was completely shocked, I was POSITIVE the baby was a boy. I had even been looking at boy stuff and picking out boy names. Lexi was beyond excited, Spencer promptly stopped watching the screen. He was cheered up later though when daddy told him he would be her protector, he likes that. And besides, according to him, mommy can just keep having babies until she has a boy :-)

As it turns out, the DVD they were recording for me wouldn't finalize, and when she went to do another one the baby had turned completely backwards. So we got to come back this afternoon and have another ultrasound. And Nick was actually there!

All in all, it was an awesome day. Now, LET THE SHOPPING BEGIN!!

2 comments:

I'm Shannon said...

I'm so happy for you and I wish you a happy healthy rest of your pregnancy. She's beautiful!

avery?

Ashley said...

Pushing for it, Nick's not sold yet ;-)