Green is the new black

Wednesday, February 04, 2009


25 cloth napkins I made for Lexi's 1st grade class.  They are doing a unit on recycling this week and the teacher asked me if I would make the class a set.  They are using them at lunch and the teacher is taking them home and washing them.  Lexi took them in to show the principal and vice-principal today, and someone is coming to take pictures of the kids with them later this week.


We're trying to raise awareness about making lunch as waste-free as possible.  It doesn't take much and it's so much better for the environment.  Go here for some interesting facts and more information.

Her class this year is filled with a bunch of animal lovers, so I picked this fabric out special for them.  I think they turned out cute!

1 comments:

I'm Shannon said...

what a great idea! and so true about the lunch waste - we love our lock&lock!