Parties!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Lexi chose to have her party at Snip-its this year, a kids hair salon that she loves. They do awesome parties, and they are so easy. All I had to do was show up with a cake! They have 2 party planners that do everything, so I just hung out and took pictures, a totally stress-free experience (which was great because I just happened to have a really bad migraine that day, doing a party with 8 first grade girls on my own would have been hard). They do everyone's hair, then they each get a makeup kit, dress up in costumes, and do a cute red carpet walk (where they each received oscars). After the show, they go back, eat cake, watch their runway show on the tv, then open presents. Fun!











Spencer chose to have his usual party at the park after the last day of school before break. That seems to be his favorite type of party, I gave him lots of different choices and all he wanted was that, so hey! - it's cheap, easy, and everyone seems to have fun. The big addition this year was the pinata, I've never had one at a party before but he really wanted it. AND we had to be able to hit it with a bat, none of this silly string pulling for him. In the end, we did have to pull the strings, but at least everyone got a turn whacking it once!



Did I mention both of these parties were in the same week? It was busy but lots of fun! Next I'll do a Christmas update, then I'll finally be caught up!

0 comments: