Bikes

Saturday, January 24, 2009

So recently I got on this new kick and decided Nick and I needed bikes, pronto. Paying $60/day for us to rent bikes when we went camping was just ridiculous. And besides, doesn't everyone have a bike? I decided I wanted a beach cruiser and, after much research, narrowed it down to Electra or Trek. After visiting our local bike store that sells the Electra's, I wasn't real impressed. Then we hit another bike store that sells Treks, and there it was....the Trek Wasabi. They said they'd had it for a while and gave me a fantastic deal. I love it! Nick calls it my hippie bike. Love the flip-flop friendly pedals:


Nick refused to even look at the bikes while we were there, said he wanted time to research on his own, but after coming home and riding mine a little, with catalog in hand, he picked out the bike he wanted. Back to the bike store we went and he ordered his, the boy version of mine, the Trek Drift:


Next, we decided Lexi really needed some new wheels. She fell in love with the Trek Wasabi 20" in the catalog, so off the bike store we went AGAIN and ordered her one, it just came in yesterday. I love it because she'll be able to use it for a long time, and it's not covered in barbies or hannah montana or something she will grow out of soon:

Look at the cute seat!

Don't they make a good pair?


Now Spencer, not needing a new bike, couldn't be left out of the big bike craze so....he lost his training wheels!

More pics here


I'm not sure how much longer I'll actually be able to ride a bike, once the belly gets bigger, but it's fun for now! I think we'll be taking a family ride to the park later, then maybe to the book store, out to lunch.....

0 comments: