Alexis is 7!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Ok, so a little late but not too bad right? Having 2 kids with birthdays right around the holidays is rough...at least, that's my excuse.

So, what can I say about my baby girl? I can't believe how much you've grown in the last year, from innocent kindergartner to, dare I say it?, wise first grader, who is just growing up waaaaaayyy too fast! This year you lost 4 teeth, went to a Hannah Montana concert, learned to do a backbend from a stand and then a back walkover, made more new friends (as if that's even possible), learned to rollerskate, and were granted the freedom to play outside in the neighborhood without parental supervision!

You love to read (you now read at a 3.5 grade level), draw, make books, sing, dance, show off your gymnastic talent, ride your bike, fix hair, hog the mirror in the morning, try all sorts of crazy outfit combinations (you want to be a fashion designer when you grow up), sew (important for that future career, thanks for all the scarves!), go on special ice cream dates with mommy, roll your eyes, and hang with your family and friends. You are excited about the new baby, you enjoy giving me the daily update on how big my belly is getting, and you are having fun helping mommy and daddy pick out names (you've come up with some good ones!).

I look forward to witnessing everything you will learn and accomplish in the coming year, and I can't wait to see how you grow and change with the addition of a new little brother or sister. I LOVE YOU!


Stay Beautiful, by Taylor Swift
You're beautiful
Every little piece love, and don't you know
You're really gonna be someone, ask anyone
And when you find everything you looked for
I hope your life leads you back to my door
Oh but if it don't, stay beautiful

Happy Birthday Lexi!




0 comments: