Saving Dinner...

Monday, May 07, 2007

Have you seen this website? I bought her book a long time ago, but I kind of forgot about it until I visited her website recently. I stopped eating meat - again - about 5 weeks ago (I was a vegetarian for about 6 years until I got pregnant with Lexi), and I've been struggling to find good vegetarian recipes that everyone in my family will eat (especially Nick). I downloaded her free Vegetarian mailer and made all those recipes, and we loved all but one of them (Split Pea soup, but we're not really split pea people).

What you do is you print out a mailer that contains 6 recipes, along with a shopping list that lists everything by type in the grocery store (produce, cannned goods, etc.) She also gives you suggestions about what to serve with each meal and highlights those ingredients with an asterick in case you decide to serve something else. She tells you which meal each item on the shopping list goes with, so you can easily find the recipe if you need to make substitutions. I bought almost everything on the list and only spent around 1 hour there (important when you're shopping with small children) and about $120 (that included a few other things I needed that were not on the list) - and I had dinner for the rest of the week! Totally worth the stress involved with dinner time for me and resorting to takeout when I have nothing planned (I am not a cook, although I do fine with a recipe - I cannot just got into my pantry and "whip something up").

She has a bunch of different menus - Regular, Low-Carb, Heart Healthy, to name a few - in different serving sizes, and you can try them for free - go check it out!

0 comments: