Every Mile a Memory

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Nick and I did end up going on our concert weekend, and it was so much fun! I was right up against the stage for Miranda Lambert, Jason Aldean, and Dierks on Thur night. I got to meet Jason Aldean:



FYI - he is so cute and nice! He signed my shirt (he said I needed a new one because that one said Dierks!):

Miranda Lambert was on first, she put on a great show, she is my favorite female performer.



Then Jason Aldean, his show was good too, although I wish he would've done more of his stuff, instead of some of the covers he did:

Dierks was next, and everything about his show was awesome. I was right up against the stage, and he pointed to me 4 times during the show (yes, I actually remember how many times, I also remember during which songs, lol). It was the best performance I've seen from him, it was perfect. I met some really cool fan club members there too. We were in the "pit", but we were surrounded by great people who held our spots if we had to leave and respected our space.



Dierks tried to reach my hand to sing to me, but he couldn't so he got the girl next to me :-(




Dierks and Jason at the end:

On Friday night I got to meet him through a meet and greet I won through the fan club.
He was so nice and down to earth, he is just as beautiful (both inside and out) in person as he is on tv. He makes each person feel special, and he even remembered people he had met a year ago. It is true, once you meet him you become an even bigger fan than you were before (if that is even possible).
I also met a couple really awesome girls through the fan club, Kelly and Kristin, who had a meet and greet with me in Live Oak.
We are planning on going to another concert together soon!

We had really bad seats to this concert because it was a weekend long event and the gold cicle seats (those right in front of the stage) were $350 each. Since I didn't have $700 to spend on one night, we sat behind the gold and silver sections on the side. But, since I was so close the night before, being that far back was unacceptable. So, when the lights went out and the security guard wasn't looking, Kelly, Kristin and I jumped the fence! It was so much fun, we got all the way up to the front by the end of the show. We were standing on our chairs and dancing, and Dierks pointed us out a few times and pointed directly at me for So So Long...one of my favorite songs. He knew us because our meet and greet was before the show. Here he is looking directly at me and waiting for me to take his pic:

I didn't take too many pics at this show, since I had a bunch from the night before and I just wanted to enjoy this show.

The next night, we went to Kenny Chesney and Sugarland, where I met another fan club member and also ran into a mom from Labschool last year! Small world huh? None of my pics came out from this concert, since we were about 35 rows back, but I'll have lots in June, where we'll be 4th row. They put on a great show, it's easy to see why Kenny's won Entertainer of the Year for the last 2 years.

That was our weekend, such a blast. Nick makes fun of my concert obsession, but I just can't get enough of them. I love music, I define my life based on music, I can hear any song and tell you what I was doing when I first heard it and what it means to me. I just love the energy at live concerts, and the community of being with hundred or thousands of people who are just as passionate about it as you are. Nick likes them too, but he doesn't go as crazy as I do. In order to pull off this whole weekend, I had to agree to not go to any more concerts for the rest of the year, except for Kenny in June, since we already have the tickets. I'm also allowed a free pass if Dierks comes anywhere within a 5 hour radius from here. Crazy huh?

0 comments: