I'm back...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here. I'm happy to finally report that everyone is feeling better and we have banished the yucky germs from our house (knock on wood). Please, please, please let this be it for cold and flu season for us!

I haven't been doing much lately, just light knitting and working on homework. I'm about to break out the old sewing machine again, my mother, sister and I took a trip to Joann's in Melbourne and I started looking at fabric and patterns again. I haven't sewed anything since we moved but I think I'm ready to give it another try. I'm just not very good at it, but oh well. Lexi asked me a couple of weeks ago if I could make her a Cinderella dress that's not a costume. I have no idea what the difference is, but I'm guessing she just wants something she can wear out in public that's not for dress up? I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about designing my own pattern for a dress that uses pretty blue silk and tulle that's all on sale right now for Halloween. I found a bunch of pretty patterns but I stink at sewing in zippers so I'm going to try to come up with something that doesn't need one. I also picked this up at the Joann's:



It's hard to tell but it's a really pretty see thru purple that has embroidered butterflies with sequins sewn on them. It came in 3 colors, blue, pink, and purple, and without Lexi there it was hard to decide which color to get. We finally decided on purple. I'm going to make it into a skirt with some white satin underneath that I had left over from the flower girl dress I made Lexi for my sister's wedding a couple of years ago. Here's how they look together:


Just for fun, here's a picture of that dress I made...look at how young she was!

Here is the knitting I'm doing, it's this shrug from Lion Brand Romance, so far I've done the sleeve and I'm working on the back.


So that's about it, I just bought the new Dierks cd that came out today, it is fabulous of course. Still working on tickets to see him in Georgia, there's some for sale on ebay I'm looking at. It's 3 weeks from Saturday (Nov 4) and my mom said she would watch the kids. I really hope we get to go!!!

0 comments: